- Introduce the DeLorean DMC-12 and its unique design, which was first introduced in 1981.
- Mention that it is a two-door sports car that was manufactured by the DeLorean Motor Company (DMC) for the American market.
Design and Features
- Discuss the car’s distinct design, which was created by Giorgetto Giugiaro and features a stainless steel body and gull-wing doors.
- Note the car’s technical specifications, such as the 2.8L V6 engine and 5-speed manual or 3-speed automatic transmission.
- Describe the car’s performance, including its top speed, acceleration, and handling characteristics.
- Mention any issues with performance that have been reported, such as transmission problems.
Interior and Technology
- Discuss the car’s interior design and features, such as its seats, dashboard, and audio system.
- Describe any notable technology that the car was equipped with, such as air conditioning and power windows.
- Discuss the car’s safety features and any safety concerns that have been reported.
- Mention any safety recalls or accidents that the car has been involved in.
Availability and Prices
- Describe the car’s availability when it was first produced and any limited edition models that were made.
- Discuss the current availability of the car and its prices, both new and used.
- Mention the DeLorean DMC-12’s appearance in popular films such as the “Back to the Future” trilogy.
- Discuss the car’s lasting impact on popular culture and its reputation as a cult classic.
- Briefly describe the history of the DeLorean Motor Company (DMC) and it’s founder John DeLorean.
- How DeLorean DMC-12 is only one production car from DMC and how it’s creator went through financial difficulties which eventually led to the bankruptcy and closure of DMC.
- Sum up the main points of the article, such as the DeLorean DMC-12’s unique design, performance, and cultural impact.
- Suggest that despite its problems, the DeLorean DMC-12 is still a fascinating and noteworthy car that continues to capture people’s imaginations.